View Profile videogamer0810

All 135 Game Reviews

45 w/ Responses

No good.

First of all, the game is in no way based on the "music" in the background. It does not base itself on the message or beat of any distinct tune. Also, the game is way too easy to get a perfect score on. I don't know if you noticed, but most of the people on the hi-score board have a perfect score, and I know it's a perfect score because I got one too. You seriously need to amp up the difficulty. Finally, the concept is just stupid. I mean, a chair monster throwing random objects at your toe?? You don't even have a monster in the game, which just goes to show that the plot was ball all means an afterthought on your part.

1/5.

KyleDaFox responds:

Yes it's based on the song, SOMETHING IN MY TOES is the song, things are FLYING TOWARDS A TOE, jeez. Also, only 10 of 51 scores are perfect so not most of the people have em. It's a dust monster, not a chair monster. And you should learn to watch the game and look at certain things before you rip on them.

Good day.

I got news for you.

I assume this is a game meant to educate players about the importance of eating healthy, albeit indirectly. Well I'm here to tell you that you need to get your facts straight about milk. Milk is actually bad for you, being the cause of many diseases if drunk in excess (including the common cold and osteoperosis, yes OSTEOPEROSIS). Even soda, which we all know is simply liquified sugar, is less bad for you than milk. Just ask PETA.

My main complaint...

My main complaint is that the mouse hotspots are awfully hard to find or hit, so killing takes too much time, and that means more time exposed to the gayness than to the satisfying blood and gore.
Otherwise, it's a nice little stress reliever if you are one of millions of people who absolutely loathe Nick Jr. Or at least, it will be once you take my advice about making the mouse hotspots bigger.

Way too easy.

That's my only complaint. Plus, the difficulty level seems to be all over the map. I find that there are tough levels thrown in between really easy levels, and the whole game just doesn't seem very well designed. It is beyond me why this game is on the front page. It doesn't hold up to the other great movies and games on Newgrounds (IMHO). But on the plus side, it is in no way a bad game. Don't let this front page fluke tempt you into striving only for mediocrity from this point forward. Prove that you actually deserve such a prestigious award in the future.

Eggy responds:

Fluke? the 3.91 given over 4000 votes would say otherwise. I will certainly strive to earn my flukes in the future good sir.

The game is way too hard.

I get that I'm supposed to go to the beat and all, but needing to switch directions on the fly like that while simultaneously releasing and pressing A at the exact right moment is too much. This game would be more fun if there was more room for error, but given that you have to have reflexes like a double-jointed octopus to play this game, I can't support this game. You get a 1 for overlooking one of the most fundamental aspects of game design: moderation of difficulty.

Glaiel-Gamer responds:

the difficulty is fine. You won't win on your first try and you'll get better every time. It takes more than one try to beat it, does a game automatically suck if you lose? If you've played guitar hero you'll know that everyone loses on their first couple tries

Nice game.

But a 0 for sound because the repetitive background music drives me to the brink of insanity.

It's good.

But shouldn't you be able to click on the number before the letter as well as being able to click the letter before the number? Also, clicking on the wrong letter or number should deselect the current letter or number. Music is cool, though.

I think it's broken.

Well first off, I can't tell if it's a decimal-to-binary or a binary-to-decimal translator. Second, when I type in the number 1, the result should be 1, regardless of which way the translator works.
Anyway, I gave this submission a 0, and this can mean that either the translator doesn't work correctly, or that you don't provide any form of instructions or clues as to what exactly is being translated. If I misunderstood something, it's up to you to tell me, the player, what exactly is supposed to happen.

I've got a few suggestions.

Try speeding up the attack animations, and putting the characters closer. Also, make changable characters, backgrounds and music.
But most of all, make the customization interface more user-friendly and malleable. For example, put the player and enemy stats on opposite sides of the screen as a reflection of one another.
Also, use two variables for each HP and MP value (e.g. PlayerCurrentHP, PlayerMaximumHP, EnemyCurrentMP, EnemyMaximumMP). This way, HP and MP values WON'T persist after battle, and it will allow you to have healing spells which don't give the player or enemy more HP than they started with.
Normal attack damage for both characters should have a minimum value and a maximum value, as well as a multiple which constrains the possible random values of attacks (such as multiples of 5). It's been a while since I worked with Flash code, but maybe something like...

ThisAttack = multiple*((random((MaxDamage-M inDamage)/multiple) + (MinDamage/multiple))

There may be errors in syntax, but I think you catch my drift.
Anyway, that's all the suggestions I have time for. Put them to good use, okay?

Cloudv909 responds:

Yea I'm considering a lot on what you said. Thanks for the review!

Not a good game.

Graphically, it's well done. But considering that you are one of the more professional designers here, I would have expected that you would know well enough to allow the player to see further than 3 feet ahead. Also, it's impossible to make it through a level without taking damage, because enemies have to be defeated or run through, and fighting them involves always making contact with their bounding box.
Also, the crushers in the temple level damage you when they're going up. It's also impossible to make it past a crusher without losing some health.
As you can see, I highly disapprove of the quality of gameplay. I think you focused too much on sounds and graphics to realize that, underneath it all, your game is not fun to play, because the player as no control over losing health at every moving obstacle, and combat is not engaging at all.
As punishment, I give you a vote of 1/5