48 game Reviews with Responses

Doeo! Doeo!

An enjoyable timewaster.

Pros:

The graphics and the music both remind me of Katamari Damacy, a game I enjoy quite a bit. The levels are fun and engaging, with the Doeo's appearing in ways that correspond with the setting instead of seeming (completely) illogical. And the experience of the game is sure to be memorable, at least for first time players.

Cons:

The game itself is pretty limited. There are only 5 levels (not counting the boss level), and since the levels always play exactly the same, there's no replay value. It's also frustrating that you need to make an account with Shockwave.com to record your scores (it costs money).

raitendo responds:

oh, you have to register?? that sucks, it didn't use to be like that. should have used mochiads' high score board for the general release... oh well, for the next release I suppose!
Thanks for the review.

3DFA tutorial 3DFA tutorial

The text is way too small.

I can't even read it unless I move in close to the screen. And if I do that, I'm pretty sure some freaky zombie is going to pop up to scare the shit out of me. Even if it isn't you really need to fix the text so people don't have to lean in to read. Also, let people click to advance the tutorial instead of letting it run automatically, to ensure that nobody misses any important tips because it went too fast.

Wriggle responds:

uh.. well yah.. I will try to work on that.

GeoQueez! GeoQueez!

Error!

China is the 3rd largest country in Asia, but the most populated (over 1 billion people).
Russia is the largest country in Asia in terms of land area.

In spite of this bungling of facts, you get 7/10.

ArmorGames responds:

Asia as in just asia and not the outside of it. But still, I rephrased the question so it says most populated. Thanks!

GPS management game GPS management game

I can't even figure out how to play.

I'm at a total loss as to what I'm supposed to do, or how I'm supposed to do it. The game is UNPLAYABLE.

Ooli responds:

Yeah it is not a "kill the moving cow" type of game, but it is far more simple than simcity or other management game.

Raptek Arena Raptek Arena

Good. Just a few suggestions.

1.) Make the interface easier to read. I know making things circular is neat, but it's much harder to interpret out of the corner of your eye. Just make straight gauges; they're easier to keep track of. Also, make sure the health guage is the most prominent, then the shield gauge, then the special attack gauge. If you want to make sure the player doesn't forget to use a special attack, then make the gauge dark when not full, and have it flash rapidly when it finishes so it catches the player's eye. Also, let the player use items with the 1, 2, and 3 keys as well as the mouse.
2.) Create specific spawn points for enemies. Create visible doors into the arena, so the player knows where the enemies might come from, and where to stay away from. Nothing's more frustrating when a new enemy suddenly spawns right behind you.
3.) There are a few glitches with the music. It sometimes neglects to start up when the gameplay begins. Also, the movement of the enemies is a bit shifty. They often move a step to the left or right, but not evasively, more "slight rendering problem"-y.

Other than that, nice game, and here's to a good score.

Kelemas responds:

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll write some considerations here so everyone can read and give an opinion... if you don't mind!
I'll surely follow the first one... the 3 gauges already got some brighter colour when they are full, but evidently not enough :)
Regarding the "items with keys" I'll think about it a little, since it's done this way on purpose: only the topmost item can be used. Maybe i can add a Button to use it, but aren't there enough buttons already?
I'm open to opinions from the other users.
Number 2: consider it done :) The spawn points are already specific... (16 of them scattered on the perimeter) It's very easy to make them visible!
Number 3: The shifty movement: It's an added feature to make the movement a little realistic! Otherwise it seems the monsters are skating... :) I can eliminate that if it's ugly to see.
the music: some songs start with very low volume and than build up. Could that be hat you experienced?

Anyway... Thank you again!

OrbMania OrbMania

Two things.

1.) The amount the multiplier fills by is too little and the rate at which it drains is too fast to build up anything.
2.) The timer needs to speed up to increase the difficulty over time.

knugen responds:

Thanks for those pointers, due to the contest I didn't really have time to make that much testing. I made some balancing in an update, but now the multiplier seems to drain too slowly :/

I will make sure to fix this up, not that many people will play it here on Newgrounds anymore since it didn't get any awards, but before releasing it to other sites.

Bounce Bounce 2.0 Bounce Bounce 2.0

This has some potential.

One suggestion: have an increasing point rate for lasting multiple rounds in one play. Since you retain all your points after you die (for upgrades), and you are always rewarded the same amount of points no matter how for you're into the game, there's no incentive to avoid the spikes other than to avoid clicking Restart.

NICFLIC responds:

Simply. Awesome. Idea.

How to implement it is the question. Now that you point it out, that's a really annoying feature. You can rest assured 2.5 will be fixed.

It's Pong! It's Pong!

Okay, good.

Like you said, it's not much, but at least it's fully functional, and available in one and two player modes. One thing I would fix: Make the ball go towards Player 2 when Player 1 misses, not towards Player 1 when Player 1 misses. Otherwise, good. Not great, but... good.

AcidicFlame responds:

Yeah, I came across that problem when I was testing it and I thought I fixed it, but I guess not. :D
Thank you for the kind words.

Bubble Abroad Bubble Abroad

Two problems.

1.) Music restart glitch when entering and exiting the cheat menu.
2.) You only lose if the middle pixel of the bubble hits a wall. That makes things a little too easy.

Otherwise, not bad.

125Maniac responds:

yeah, in the long-overdue sequel i've fixed those problems.

Blobbium Blobbium

It's a good concept, but...

The main hang-up I have about this game is that the mouse lags a bit. You might need to fix that, because cursor accuracy is crucial for a mouse avoider game.

tank2tank responds:

Interesting- I actually made it work like this on purpose because I wanted it to play like it was 'following' the mouse.